Tuesday, July 1, 2008

PicADay

Well Here We Go:

I have decided to take more pictures. What better way to do that than committing myself to 1 picture a day for a year. We will see how long this lasts.

Today is the day. July 1st 2008 the first PicADay.

Running late for work I kerned down my camera kit and threw it in the car. As I closed my door to the garage I hear a "beep,beep,beep,beep..." I know this sound. I have an invisible dog fence. The alarm goes off when the line is broken.

I am already running late for work, I jump out of my car and head over to the power lines side of my property. This is where usually" trespassers" have DUG UP, DUMPED ON or TORE UP the ground breaking my dog fence wire.
Upon arrival I see the neighbors' horse happily chewing some of the wild grape vine along the fence line. The horse is curiously in the exact location of an earlier repair of the line.

This is the section of the fence were it is NOT so invisible. (Well it is stapled to the horse fence line.) I see as I get closer this friendly horse likes the taste of wire as much as the grape vine.

I shot 4 shots from my car seat of the make shift blockade in the access gap of my fence.

I thought maybe I'll try HDR today. I do not consider it a success. I punched the saturation too high and over processed the HDR getting that familiar "Halo" Effect.

Well what can I say? "First try!"


I'll get another PicADAy tomorrow.
Thanks - Tim Schmitt


No comments: